It’s rare to come by good news from Mexico these days, but today the assembly of Mexico City passed a law approving same-sex civil unions. They won’t call it marriage, and it will only apply to Mexico City’s inhabitants, but at least it’s a step towards recognizing equal rights for everyone in Mexican society. Good stuff.
- RT @minh81: ****U R G E N T E ***** “RAICES needs volunteer translators: "who speak Meso-American indigenous languages (eg, zapotec, nahua,… 3 weeks ago
- RT @nwarikoo: Some of the immigrant kids separated from parents now arriving in Michigan “are infants as young as three months of age,” say… 3 weeks ago
- RT @dhh: America has always been an incredibly brutal country, but Trump's insight was that diffusing, excusing, or hiding this fact wasn't… 3 weeks ago
- RT @mattkatz00: An Albanian woman is on tarmac at Newark Airport right now on verge of deportation. She was detained in April after she all… 3 weeks ago
- RT @felixsalmon: Why even viral-fundraising skeptics can feel good about donating to RAICES: slate.com/business/2018/… 3 weeks ago