One of the benefits of last year’s eye opener of having TimeSnapper show me a replay of my daily inefficiency was that I decided I would disable Thunderbird’s automatic email checking. Now I only get my new email when I request it, between tasks, and the difference is remarkable. Since interruptions fall down dramatically, I get in the flow much more easily and frequently, and for longer periods. Considering that I have a looming paper deadline (hence the lack of posts!), it’s an improvement that was badly needed.
- RT @minh81: ****U R G E N T E ***** “RAICES needs volunteer translators: "who speak Meso-American indigenous languages (eg, zapotec, nahua,… 3 weeks ago
- RT @nwarikoo: Some of the immigrant kids separated from parents now arriving in Michigan “are infants as young as three months of age,” say… 3 weeks ago
- RT @dhh: America has always been an incredibly brutal country, but Trump's insight was that diffusing, excusing, or hiding this fact wasn't… 3 weeks ago
- RT @mattkatz00: An Albanian woman is on tarmac at Newark Airport right now on verge of deportation. She was detained in April after she all… 3 weeks ago
- RT @felixsalmon: Why even viral-fundraising skeptics can feel good about donating to RAICES: slate.com/business/2018/… 3 weeks ago