One of the benefits of last year’s eye opener of having TimeSnapper show me a replay of my daily inefficiency was that I decided I would disable Thunderbird’s automatic email checking. Now I only get my new email when I request it, between tasks, and the difference is remarkable. Since interruptions fall down dramatically, I get in the flow much more easily and frequently, and for longer periods. Considering that I have a looming paper deadline (hence the lack of posts!), it’s an improvement that was badly needed.
- RT @evepeyser: i honestly don't understand how u can have $90 billion and not share $89 billion of it with people who are impoverished and… 6 hours ago
- Follow @omeisy; write to your government to stop this war twitter.com/Pinboard/statu… 7 hours ago
- RT @felixsalmon: omg this is amazing newyorker.com/news/ryan-lizz… 9 hours ago
- RT @shaneferro: Breaking: jeff bezos not as good as bill gates at giving money away twitter.com/nbcnews/status… 11 hours ago
- RT @Pinboard: Facebook is sitting on priceless data about how manipulation swings elections. They could allow research; instead Zuck is run… 16 hours ago