Yesterday we went to see “Intimidades de Shakespeare y Victor Hugo”, a very personal Mexican documentary by Yulene Olaizola, at the Toronto International Film Festival. It’s a fantastic film, a beautifully constructed exposition of a delicate, twisting story. (Nothing to do with Shakespeare or Victor Hugo though, the title refers to an intersection in Mexico City.) There will be another screening tomorrow, Friday Sept 12, at 2:45pm, so check it out if you can.
- RT @evepeyser: i honestly don't understand how u can have $90 billion and not share $89 billion of it with people who are impoverished and… 6 hours ago
- Follow @omeisy; write to your government to stop this war twitter.com/Pinboard/statu… 7 hours ago
- RT @felixsalmon: omg this is amazing newyorker.com/news/ryan-lizz… 9 hours ago
- RT @shaneferro: Breaking: jeff bezos not as good as bill gates at giving money away twitter.com/nbcnews/status… 11 hours ago
- RT @Pinboard: Facebook is sitting on priceless data about how manipulation swings elections. They could allow research; instead Zuck is run… 16 hours ago