- Senators Yeidckol Polevnsky and Rosario Ibarra headed the sabotage attempt, hiding PRD Representatives that pretended to take the podium. PRD Senators smuggled their fellow Representatives into the building in their car trunks. The plan was to use metallic garbage bins to break down the talks.
- The saboteurs were stopped by the Federal Police inside the improvised Senate room (the session couldn’t take place in the Senate building due to protests). Heading the police force was the Secretary of Public Security himself, Genaro Garcia Luna, pushing back against the mob.
- A logistical error left the Convergencia Senators, Dante Delgado and Luis Maldonado, out of the building. This heated things up and caused a clash with PAN Senators Felipe Gonzalez and Gonzalez Alcocer. Dante and Gonzalez Alcocer called each other motherfuckers, but they cooled down afterwards.
- The most violent character was Representative Aleida Alvarez, who insulted her fellow party members accusing them of treason and inexplicably kept on throwing herself against the glass doors of the room.
- In the end someone asked Gonzalez Alcocer: “And your new enemy?” “The bitch left already”, he replied.
The Energy Reform still needs to pass a vote in the less refined Chamber of Representatives.