Great post by Martin Fowler on the need to get first-hand experience developing software if you intend to do relevant research in the field. I agree completely, though I do understand that, given the way the system is set up, getting industry experience after you get your Ph.D. unfortunately doesn’t look great on your CV if you’re looking for a faculty position.
- RT @yonoleo: Leaving the racism, sexism, xenophobia and islamophobia aside, Trump would be devastating to the global efforts to curb global… 49 minutes ago
- RT @jgarzik: So very guilty of this. https://t.co/NFXo4u9VyP 8 hours ago
- RT @anildash: This guy, @PalmerLuckey, put some of his billion FB dollars toward explicitly funding white supremacy. Peter Thiel approved t… 2 days ago
- RT @amyhoy: one of the (many) problems with "fail fast" is it practically never teaches you something you couldn't have learned faster by l… 2 days ago
- RT @kibblesmith: If you're equally disgusted at the prospect of voting for either candidate, remember that all of the white supremacists pi… 2 days ago