Great post by Martin Fowler on the need to get first-hand experience developing software if you intend to do relevant research in the field. I agree completely, though I do understand that, given the way the system is set up, getting industry experience after you get your Ph.D. unfortunately doesn’t look great on your CV if you’re looking for a faculty position.
- RT @felixsalmon: My take on @Give_Directly and @WCKitchen: the “how” is just as important as the “what”. twitter.com/felixbot/statu… 18 hours ago
- There’s a lesson here for us all youtu.be/1YbNkGMEi80 22 hours ago
- RT @Brett_A_Taylor: I am CRYING. The Weather Channel set up for a live shot of the Georgia Dome being imploded, and at the perfectly wrong… 22 hours ago
- RT @gvwilson: For those interested in applying data science to software development: neverworkintheory.org has been quiet of late but the… 22 hours ago
- This is pretty good. Ten years ago, only a few groups around the world did this kind of empirical research of softw… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 22 hours ago