Great post by Martin Fowler on the need to get first-hand experience developing software if you intend to do relevant research in the field. I agree completely, though I do understand that, given the way the system is set up, getting industry experience after you get your Ph.D. unfortunately doesn’t look great on your CV if you’re looking for a faculty position.
- RT @robblackwellAB: Fun with punctuation, Vol. 365 twitter.com/hughhowey/stat… 4 days ago
- RT @patio11: A long time ago, I worked for a Japanese company which had a Alert Lots Of People function available to it. We drilled on its… 6 days ago
- RT @Pinboard: Rosy take: our embargo on North Korea makes it less likely the same software vendor designed the pulldown menus for launching… 1 week ago
- One can only hope that missile launch test interface has a better UI than the missile alert test one twitter.com/ericuman/statu… 1 week ago
- RT @bartongellman: This is an outrageous stunt. I approve. Portland DA, police chief, mayor are right, legally: our broken 4th Amd doctrine… 1 week ago