Great post by Martin Fowler on the need to get first-hand experience developing software if you intend to do relevant research in the field. I agree completely, though I do understand that, given the way the system is set up, getting industry experience after you get your Ph.D. unfortunately doesn’t look great on your CV if you’re looking for a faculty position.
- RT @realDonaldTrump: President should not be telling the Washington Redskins to change their name-our country has far bigger problems! FOCU… 2 hours ago
- RT @mikeduncan: 1. Revolution 2. Something Something 3. Eutopia twitter.com/nanaimostation… 5 hours ago
- RT @julito77: Got this from a Facebook friend, & it is with a heavy heart to admit that the worse is still yet to come in #PuertoRico. Plea… 19 hours ago
- RT @mrbenwexler: Republicans in Congress hate Colin Kaepernick b/c they can’t understand someone who’s willing to lose his job over somethi… 1 day ago
- RT @kjhealy: NFL ratings; NFL ratings; threat of nuclear annihilation affecting millions; NFL ratings https://t.co/HPs0nA7zcs 1 day ago