The term “Software Engineering” is flawed, according to Neil Ernst, and I agree completely: it is a metaphor that conveys all sorts of incorrect connotations about the diverse and complex nature of software development. I don’t use it anymore if I can avoid it, and neither should you.
- Exactly right, & great thread. Fostering/trivializing street brawls (“punching nazis”) is a damn stupid thing to do… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- RT @mjg59: The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing men with no relevant skills that if they think hard they'll solve any so… 2 days ago
- RT @PraxisKenzie: Boy that character limit, it'll get you every time twitter.com/FoxNewsResearc… 3 days ago
- RT @felixsalmon: If a car drives into a crowd in Barcelona, Trump tweets very quickly. If the same thing happens in Charlotteville, not so… 3 days ago
- Yes twitter.com/Pinboard/statu… 4 days ago