The term “Software Engineering” is flawed, according to Neil Ernst, and I agree completely: it is a metaphor that conveys all sorts of incorrect connotations about the diverse and complex nature of software development. I don’t use it anymore if I can avoid it, and neither should you.
- RT @robblackwellAB: Fun with punctuation, Vol. 365 twitter.com/hughhowey/stat… 2 days ago
- RT @patio11: A long time ago, I worked for a Japanese company which had a Alert Lots Of People function available to it. We drilled on its… 3 days ago
- RT @Pinboard: Rosy take: our embargo on North Korea makes it less likely the same software vendor designed the pulldown menus for launching… 5 days ago
- One can only hope that missile launch test interface has a better UI than the missile alert test one twitter.com/ericuman/statu… 5 days ago
- RT @bartongellman: This is an outrageous stunt. I approve. Portland DA, police chief, mayor are right, legally: our broken 4th Amd doctrine… 1 week ago