The term “Software Engineering” is flawed, according to Neil Ernst, and I agree completely: it is a metaphor that conveys all sorts of incorrect connotations about the diverse and complex nature of software development. I don’t use it anymore if I can avoid it, and neither should you.
- RT @AnnieLowrey: A thread on what lifetime caps do, to whom, and why this debate is about humanity more than it is about insurance: https:/… 8 hours ago
- RT @RTFMCelia: @yorchopolis I can't imagine doing my PhD without @Sci_Hub :(. Thanks Alexandra Elbakyan! 10 hours ago
- I love sci-hub, and Alexandra Elbakyan is a hero of mine. Elsevier is a parasite. arstechnica.com/tech-policy/20… 19 hours ago
- RT @ProfJeffJarviss: In fact, if I had to pick one root cause of the Rise of Trump, I'd point to the closure of Google Reader. 21 hours ago
- RT @gvwilson: This Is Your Brain on Code: blog.rangle.io/this-is-your-b… 1 day ago