There is a new journal from Nature on topics (physical and social) surrounding climate change. In the first issue, Kurt Kleiner has a pretty good essay on open data and open climate software. Among his interviewees are Steve Easterbrook and Greg Wilson, the two best mentors I (could have possibly have) had at the University of Toronto. Worth reading!
- RT @felixsalmon: My take on @Give_Directly and @WCKitchen: the “how” is just as important as the “what”. twitter.com/felixbot/statu… 18 hours ago
- There’s a lesson here for us all youtu.be/1YbNkGMEi80 22 hours ago
- RT @Brett_A_Taylor: I am CRYING. The Weather Channel set up for a live shot of the Georgia Dome being imploded, and at the perfectly wrong… 22 hours ago
- RT @gvwilson: For those interested in applying data science to software development: neverworkintheory.org has been quiet of late but the… 22 hours ago
- This is pretty good. Ten years ago, only a few groups around the world did this kind of empirical research of softw… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 22 hours ago