There is a new journal from Nature on topics (physical and social) surrounding climate change. In the first issue, Kurt Kleiner has a pretty good essay on open data and open climate software. Among his interviewees are Steve Easterbrook and Greg Wilson, the two best mentors I (could have possibly have) had at the University of Toronto. Worth reading!
- A great, insightful essay on campus dogma. Those of us on the left should take stock on these issues: theamericanscholar.org/on-political-c… 16 hours ago
- RT @PeterSinger: Really important breakthrough on what is, in magniture and severity, the single worst thing we do to animals: chicken prod… 17 hours ago
- RT @MatPDX: This is an "ICE warrant" signed by a Deportation Officer, not a judge. If ICE officers have this, you do not have to let them i… 1 day ago
- RT @felixsalmon: This thread is fascinating: A huge swathe of America thinks (a) that global warming is happening; & (b) most scientists th… 1 day ago
- RT @Ian_Barnard: Even if you own the most expensive pen in the world it'll make no difference if you don't put in the practice. Practice fi… 2 days ago