Greg Wilson, editor of Beautiful Code, Making Software, and the Architecture of Open Source Applications, author of several other books, creator of the Software Carpentry project, and all-around great guy, will be giving a presentation at the University of Victoria tomorrow (July 7th) at 1pm: “What I learned in seven and a half years of being a professor that might be useful for those of you contemplating academic careers“. Room ECS 660. My guess is that you’ll get a lot out of it if you’re at all connected to software development, even if you’re not contemplating academic careers. All welcome!
- RT @realDonaldTrump: President should not be telling the Washington Redskins to change their name-our country has far bigger problems! FOCU… 2 hours ago
- RT @mikeduncan: 1. Revolution 2. Something Something 3. Eutopia twitter.com/nanaimostation… 5 hours ago
- RT @julito77: Got this from a Facebook friend, & it is with a heavy heart to admit that the worse is still yet to come in #PuertoRico. Plea… 19 hours ago
- RT @mrbenwexler: Republicans in Congress hate Colin Kaepernick b/c they can’t understand someone who’s willing to lose his job over somethi… 1 day ago
- RT @kjhealy: NFL ratings; NFL ratings; threat of nuclear annihilation affecting millions; NFL ratings https://t.co/HPs0nA7zcs 1 day ago